Welcome

I welcome you to my blog! It is my first blog, hope you like it. Click to Print This Page

Friday, March 4, 2011

More than just a winning record

Trinity's squash team has done something that most college and universities can only dream of, they have a winning streak of 13 years! Although that this is an astounding milestone, for as long I have been watching Sportscenter, I have never even heard of this team and their amazing streak. Why is this so? They have 244 consecutive wins, that is over 2.5 times the amount of wins that UConn women's basketball team could get (90 game win streak) and they received so much publicity. What is your stance on a lack of publicizing of small schools with large accomplishments?

1 comment:

  1. It is a shame that small school's athletic accomplishments go unheralded. But it isn't surprising. Small school athletics are not a multi-million dollar a year industry. Big time college sports like football and b-ball are. It is simple economics.

    ReplyDelete