I stumbled across this video that caught my attention of how classical board games are evolving with the culture around it.
This famous board game has got a makeover, but is it for the better or worse of the world. For so many years the game has been played with dice, moving pieces, cards, and physical money, but now that is all changing. A few years ago, Monopoly had changed the game a little bit more by adding a credit card system, bring it to handheld devises and video game systems, and now that idea is continuing with a talking game "that tells people what to do next, and imaginary dice.
I am not sure how you exactly played, but I always played in my own way aside from the rules. What made it even more enjoyable to play was that I could sneak money when I played banker which didn't happen much once they caught on that there was no celebrity behind them. With the old game style, I learned how to do math, read, and follow directions which all helped me in the future. Although this is continuing with the trends of the world and making everything easier for the player, I believe this is taking away some of the major learning experiences that the youth can gain from it.
Damn, so I can't tuck away emergency $500 bills anymore?
ReplyDelete