So today we visited LambdaMOO, a MUD (Multi-User Dungeon) and it was actually a lot of fun. This world was basically a place were people can go without having their identity shown by a picture, or where more than necessary information could be viewed (ie. email address, name, etc.). It was a world solely of text, and I thought that this was the coolest thing. We had the chance to move to different destinations in this world and come in contact with frequent LambdaMOO visitors, guest, and communicate with other classmates.
What was your favorite part of LambdaMOO? What is your least favorite?
If you think this is the place for you, here is how to log into LambdaMOO from your computer (it is a lot easier then what we did today) . I was so fascinated by this that I actually visited it when I got back to my room, just to learn a little more about it. Don't worry MT Blog visitors, this wont be a habit, and I certainly will not become a crossdresser :)
Having spent quite a bit of time in LambdaMOO over the years, the thing I like most about it is the weird, inventive artifacts, hidden rooms, secret passageways, traps, tree-houses, etc. that members have added to the place over the years. You can literally wander for DAYS and still not explore it all. And that's just in the main house. Once you wander off the map it gets even more interesting...
ReplyDelete