I am just following this thing that Interactive Me.dia started where you write a poem and could win a house. I am not really interested in winning a house quite yet, but maybe some salt that I could lay down on the sidewalks around campus. I am very foreign to the whole poem thing, but I always speak with wisdom. Here it goes...
Friend
Let us be friends,
In my world that continues to bend.
Twist and turn down this road,
That still hasn't found a place to go.
Enjoying laughter,
Made from lame inside jokes.
Exploring the adventures,
To fun for our elders.
Memories that are needed to grow,
Need to be started by a common goal.
A goal of interests,
To have hobbies and commonality.
Let us start this friendship,
With a "hi" "hey" or (name).
Let us be friends
Hey, MT, thanks for entering my poetry contest!
ReplyDeleteYour poem is actually very thoughtful, and will be a contender in the contest. You capture a tone of fresh, youthful optimism paired with honest introspection--great qualities in a "friend!"
I'll post your entry (along with any others I get) in a follow-up blog post, where the people who did not enter can cast their votes. Perhaps you will even win something...driveway salt, some cats...who knows?! Anyway, thanks for being a good sport and sharing your poem.
Peggy
It is interesting that you write this because I originally started this account to maintain a blog of personal poetry. I never imagined I'd have a blog for a class AND a blog for one of my organizations as well! But, when it comes down to it, my main reason for having a blog is to maintain my personal poetry space. So, more power to you for putting up a poem! Very pertinent to our discussion today in class on 'friending!'
ReplyDeletePeggy: Let me first thank you for your opinion of my poem. It has been way to long since I wrote poetry, but I am always coming up with new song lyrics or signing to the songs when they are on the radio and maybe that is my inspiration. That “tone of fresh, youthful optimism paired with honest introspection” comes from all the music I listen to, and that kind of grew on me.
ReplyDeleteI like how that you are using this blog to its full extent and not just blogging because it is required. You are reaching out to the class and trying to bring them into the blogging environment.
Alyosha K: I am not sure if I can maintain a poem a week like you are doing, I am still at rookie status in that area. You are at minimum an elite status of poetry because those poems that you posted seemed to have a lot of meaning to them, and are well thought through. Maybe I will write another poem in the future, it is just too hard for me to think of a topic even though there is always something on my mind.
Haha, that “friending” discussion was too much fun. I think that the professor read this post before class because he was looking at me the entire time looking for me to share some of my thought on that topic. So I took advantage of this and spoke my mind of the connection between “friending” and “facebook creeping”.